A friend of mine, Tim Spivey, on Fridays always as some quick thoughts on church, life, or whatever. I always enjoy this post, though his other posts are excellent, especially his leadership thoughts. But on Friday, I always like seeing what he is thinking. So in the same vein, here we go.
1. I love my smartphone. I been holding off for a while, in fact, I had a Blackberry some years ago, and went back to a dumb phone. Recently, I moved to the Galaxy S3 and love it. Great happiness is because of this phone. It is a great phone, and super fast. I was tempted to do a Iphone 4, because of the price but felt like I was getting a two year old phone, with the up grade. I felt that this was a waste of the upgrade, so I went with the Galaxy. Good choice.
2. All this Harding President talk is interesting to me. A guy I met a couple of times is posting a ton of voices on this transition. All the voices are saying that this was a step in the wrong direction, and is not represented of the churches of Christ. Mostly it comes off as a sadness over the conservative direction of the school. Mmmm, there is a lot of talk about a fresh direction. At this point, I would like to hear some voices of agreement with the choice.
3. My dissertation season is in full swing. I been working on it each night. I better graduate in May or my wife is going to think I am having an affair. It is going well, and even writing it up, and reflecting on the process is teaching me a lot. Looking better, I would have done a lot differently. But through failure and success, we learn. This has really helped me in becoming a better leader and minister. Mostly it taught me I have a long way to go.
4. We are going to do LTC, which is leadership training for Christ. I am not familiar with this work as much as Lads to Leaders, but it is the closest for us. I am excited in helping young people serve the Lord.
5. I have been at Castle Rock for four years now. Hard to believe, it has been a good four years. I have changed a lot.
6. I am glad to be friends with Greg Tidwell. I kind of see us as Kirk and Spock.
7. I love Sushi now. I mean, love the stuff. In Waynesboro, I loved ribs, funny change.
This is it, nothing serious, just a few thoughts.
No related posts.